Monday, July 16, 2012

Manuel Antonio And Homesickness

Hey all!
Over this past weekend the interns ventured to Manuel Antonio national park. It was so pretty! There are wild monkeys and sloths every where and a really nice beach that we went to. I didn't see any sloths though =[ next time!
We stayed in a hostel really close to the park...it didnt have wifi or anything but hey it was a bed and a shower! It was nice and sunny but VERY humid. It didnt even matter if you dried off after going in the water because of how humid it was. The ocean water felt like bath water it was so warm. Each night there were thunder and lightning storms so we got to go on the beach and watch. It was a nice and needed mini vacation.
We finished painting an elementary school last week. It was a lot of work but well worth it. Every day this week we get to work in the day care teaching english lessons and playing games with the kids. This will be interesting considering my Spanish skills...lol. Its getting better though! I can say some words and phrases. I'm thankful that two of my room mates know A LOT of Spanish. They are helping me learn =]
On a less happier note...i'm struggling with home sickness for the first time. Its been pretty bad. Ive been praying about it and hopefully it will get better. I'm missing all of you guys a lot. (so prayers for that would be nice...I'm having issues dealing with it)
God is doing some crazy work in my life though (all for the better). Its hard but good. Im having lots of fun and learning a lot!
Cant wait to see you guys..i miss your faces!

~Alex
aka snort

1 comment:

  1. I miss your face! But I'm also really proud of you and am stoked about how God's working in your life. :) I'll be praying for you, dahling!

    Love and best wishes,
    Rachie

    ReplyDelete